So, this is where people come to distract themselves from something going on in their lives. At least in my case, that is what is happening.
Today I find myself without a ‘job’/career and a tween to take care of. Her life is practically the only thing I have going for me these days. I am all in it. Sometimes it feels like I’ve been tucked away in some corner of her room and animated when she returns from school.
Now I know how my dogs feel. Well, at least when I used to come home from work.
Her social life, her homework, her meals, her schedule. That’s all that I have going on right now. What a boring person I’ve become.
So, since I KNOW how annoying I am starting to get (even though she has not admitted it cause she is a sweet girl), I do NOT want to become that mom. I have nothing against parents who are involved in every aspect of their children’s lives but I have to balance things out and role model for her how a healthy(-ish) adult functions.
For the past years, I have been wanting to start a blog. I don’t have any specific topic I want to blog about so I created a ton of them. Ok more like 7 of them. Don’t rush out to check them out…I bought the domains and all but never started them!
Today I was so darn bored I almost started on my daughter’s chemistry homework but I stopped myself and grabbed my laptop instead.
I think it’s time for me to go through my ‘bucket list’ and do everything I’ve ever wanted to do. Why not? I have the time.
In advance, apologies if you are expecting a properly poetically put together blog. I’m not a writer, I don’t’ even know what ‘prose’ is. But I am a real-life person, a mother, a girlfriend, a sister, a daughter, and a friend. Maybe we too can become friends.
If you have your very own blog, leave a link in the comments so I can check you out too!
I will do an about me section/page cause this blog is looking a bit long.
So, in this one I’ll talk more about what kept me from blogging.
Reasons why I stopped myself
- I had no clue what to write about – since it’s my blog, I can write about whatever I want!
- Who would want to read about me and my stuff – I decided who cares if no one reads this. At least I’m putting it out there and no longer procrastinating.
- I am very lazy. – It’s true! I love relaxing and doing nothing. I take pride in taking naps when I feel like I need one. I don’t “hustle” or overbook myself. (probably why I’m so bored with my life.)
- There is too much info on how to start a blog and I kept watching YouTube videos on how to blog and read too many blogs on the topic. I felt overwhelmed. – I decided to just ignore everything I read/watched and just do my own thing my way.
The Bucket List:
- Ride a motorcycle – It was a Ninja Kawasaki 2006 ZX 636R and her name was Apple Saki, she was Kawasaki green. I sold her when I became pregnant. Traded one baby for another.
- Have a daughter – She is perfect
- Act on stage – I got lead role on my first play ever!
- Act in movies – Just a bunch of featured extra stuff but I was recently on the big screen in a 48 Hour Film competition and won Best Film.
- Go to Hollywood – it was the best trip and the first time I had ever flown on a plane.
- Get a laptop (this was on my list in 2006)
- Learn photography
- Start a blog – right now!
- Singing lessons
- learn to ride a horse
- learn to play guitar
- practice my high school French
- Visit Greece & Italy